Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thank you, Aunt Erin!

I was waiting to publish this post until after I could scan a picture of me holding my big doll, but something tells me that Aunt Erin could use a pick-me-up...

Little Niffer once had a big doll who was taller than she. I loved that thing. I can still remember how awesome it was to strap her feet to mine and have her walk with me.

Ellie now has a similar doll (though I'm sure Grandma will make her an even bigger one soon). Aunt Erin got it for her. She loves it. Whenever she sees the doll, she wants to dance with her.

She even requested having a picture taken of her and the doll. That NEVER happens. To have her actually suggest taking a picture is UNHEARD of, but I guess it goes to show how great she thinks the gift was.

Thanks, Aunt Erin. We love you!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

How sweet. Have you started working on a name yet?

Niffer said...

A name for the doll or baby?

If doll, then Ellie seems to be against the idea of naming a baby anything other than "baby." This one happens to be "princess baby."

If you're talking about a baby's name, we're still pretty set on the girl's name but we're undecided on the boy's. We have a few ideas so we're not completely in the dark, but we haven't found that golden name with a beam of light shining down on the place it's written in the book yet. Wouldn't that be nice and easy?

Heidi said...

The doll, but I love hearing about baby names too. I am always have my ears open. We still love our boy choice for Olive, but I wonder if we still will if and when we get there. Was it you I was telling about the wave of Elenas? Just saw the Cracker has one in his 1st grade class, but with a y.

Niffer said...

Heidi - I don't think I know the boy's name you had in mind last time around. Are you willing to share?