Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Addie These Days

Addie is quite the source of entertainment, love and laughter these days. My posts do not do justice to how much I am enjoying her more and more as she learns to express herself through her words. The little girl has quite a personality.

Recently the thing that brings the biggest smile to my face is her new game "My Addie." Daddy chases her saying "My Addie" over and over again. When he catches her he pretends to not be willing to let her go, repeating "My Addie." It turns out that now when she wants Daddy to chase her, she says "My Ah-ee-yine" a few times and giggles. If she wants Mommy snuggle time but she sees him approaching, she'll say "My Ah-ee-yine" and bury deeper into my arms.

Along with that, she has learned to stand up to her big sister a little more. "NO! My Ah-ee-yine!" if she notices that Ellie is taking advantage of the concept of taking turns. Too cute.

She also loves loves loves to give hugs. If she has done something that results in our disapproval, she is quick to offer a hug for an apology. This works well with avoiding any major issues when she accidentally (or purposefully) hurts her big sister. She'll quickly hold out her arms and say "Ugh!" and no one can resist forgiving her.

Though sometimes she's much too willing to give the hugs for her own good. The other night she was so tired that as soon as Daddy dropped her into bed she face planted into her pillow, but even with her face dug deep she was able to reach behind her back, put up her hand in the air and say "Ugh?" to let Daddy know that it's the thought that counts.

And speaking of bed time, the girl loves loves loves her bed. She's still in her crib (plans for a big girl room in the next month or two) but just adores it. She is rarely ready to get out when I come to wake her in the morning. My guess is that she's going to be quite the difficult teenager as she is definitely not a morning person. And at this age it's cute. A dozen years from now, I'm guessing the cuteness will have faded.

And so, my friends, trust me on this... My Addie Bear is one of the sweetest most adorable things I can possibly fathom. And with that, I'll leave you with a quick video - Addie's first song caught on tape. Apparently she follows in her sister's shoes in having Ba Ba Black Sheep be her most favorite:

No comments: