Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Tid-Bits

I love that upon presenting Addie with a special heart rock, she knew just what to do with it. She promptly got up, walked over to her bed and put the rock under her pillow. I didn't even know she knew!!

I love how Ellie and I can go back and forth yelling "Hello?" to each other from across the house, and Addie pipes up and yells "Lo!" each time.

Addie gets a HUGE smile on her face whenever she hears a song with a harmonica in it.

I love how Ellie likes to hold Addie's hand to make sure she crosses the street safely.

I'm not sure what it is about the song "Isn't She Lovely?" but Ellie calls it the "bug" and Addie calls it the "duck" song, but it makes me smile.

I love how even at such a young age, Addie is following in Ellie's steps and is a very polite little girl. She often automatically says "Dank Goo!" (while signing "Thank You" at the same time). She almost always says "Peeze!" (while signing it too) with a big smile on her face if she wants something. And if she knows she did something bad, she doesn't hesitate to say "Ug" and offer up a fantastic hug to make it better.

I get a kick out of the fact that Addie automatically asks "Peeze!" with a great big smile on her face as soon as you say no to something. She knows what works.
From Ellie's mouth, "But I always like swim lessons because they make me awesome!"

I love that when Addie sees a reflection on the ceiling from my phone, she points to it and says "Dinker Ba!" Yes, Addie it does look a lot like Tinkerbell.

I love how Ellie likes to rub my back to calm me down because she likes it when I do that to her. Addie, however, likes to run her fingers through my hair because that's what calms her. Both are so sweet.

I love that Ellie now likes to listen to the point in a song where they say the words from the song's title. She'll listen very closely and then when the title is sung, we exchange a big goofy grin with each other.

No comments: