Pages

Friday, March 07, 2008

Daycare - the miracle makers

When we originally started daycare (Ellie was about 4.5 months) we had recently experienced issues with getting her to take the bottle (I had just returned from our trip to CO and Ellie and Daddy had to rediscover their bond), and getting her to take her naps (is there ever a time when a baby sleeps like they're supposed to?).

Daycare cured those two issues. After a week at daycare (which at the time was MWF), we no longer had a problem with the bottle and we no longer had a problem getting her to take naps. Problem solved. Daycare rocks!

This time, I have to admit that the naps seem a little iffy (they were great when Ellie was with me), but since it's only been a week I still have hope of them balancing out.

However, the bottle is another story! Again, another miracle! We haven't really been able to get Ellie to take a bottle since returning to CO (with a few exceptions - thank you, Uncle Justin). Yet tonight's bottle (after 4 days of daycare) went without a hitch!

I'm telling you, these daycare people know what they're doing! The way I figure it is that Michael and I are rookies. It's best to leave the frustrations to the pros! It's just too bad they can't do something about her sudden desire to wake up at 5:45 in the morning!!!

No comments: