Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stand up, please!

I'm completely fascinated by how drastically different all babies are. Take Ellie's friend, Thomas from MD, for example... He was crawling at 5 months!!! When we left MD, he was just starting to stand up.

Thomas, as the cute baby he was, chose what I would consider the typical method of standing. Hmmm... I'm not sure I can describe this by typing, but we'll try. Imagine being on your hands and knees, then you place your feet on the ground so that your butt is in the air. Then you walk your hands back towards your legs to eventually pull yourself up to a standing position.

Got it? Admit it, you were trying to act it out while I was typing, weren't you?

Anyway, that's how I would think everyone does it.

Not little Ellie! She's decided that the way she is going to stand up is the following: Stand on your knees. Stick one foot on the ground in front of you like your stereo-typical proposal position. Then pull yourself up onto that foot to end up standing up. This requires a brief period of time where all your weight, and thus balance, is on the single foot.

Got it? Now try it while you're drunk! Not saying Ellie is drunk. I'm just assuming that's the level of balance she has.

Let's just say she gets partial credit for the effort.

No comments: