Pages

Monday, March 03, 2008

You get used to it

Yep. Babies are slimy. You get used to it. I've had a few people comment on how gross the booger queen can be, but really, is it worth wiping her nose EVERY waking minute??? I think not. Trust me.

Boogers I understand. They're gross. Who wants to touch them? The worst part is that baby boogers do NOT come in baby sizes. I think the size of a baby booger might be inversely proportional to the size of the baby.

However, one thing that falls under the "Yucky" category that surprises me is breast milk. I do find it interesting how many people have been commenting on the fact that we taste the bottle of breast milk before giving it to Ellie (to test the temperature). Since we're now surrounded by a lot more people than we were in MD, it's been a relatively common and surprising comment. I wonder if I, too, thought it was gross before becoming a mother myself.

No comments: