Pages

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Death to the pump!!!

The other day I counted the number of 5 oz bags of breast milk I have stored in the freezer. There's almost no room for anything else in there!

Anyway, 30. I counted 30 bags. Do the math. That's 150 oz of breast milk!

Let's continue, shall we?

Assuming I pump one less bag than Ellie drinks every day at daycare (I'm assuming this because I will need to pump less at my new jobs)... that gives me 30 days of daycare before I run out of supply.

30 days of daycare gets me to... let's see... well, would you look at that! 6 weeks from today is Ellie's birthday!!!** And guess what happens then?! I NO LONGER HAVE TO PUMP!!!!! Woohoo!

Ever seen the movie Office Space, where the guys take the printer and bash it in a field? They should redo that movie with mothers and their breast pumps. I'm so sick of it.

So yes, I'm counting down the days until I'm free of the evil machine that sucks so much more than milk from me. It sucks my energy.


** HOLLY CRAP! How did this year go by so quickly???

2 comments:

sqpeggy said...

i hear ya! my pediatrician said that she was ok with starting milk 1 week earlier than A's 1st birthday. I am ALL OVER it. I've never been so thrilled to go to the grocery store to buy a 1/2 gallan of whole milk. my husband said, "Really? Like no more pumping AT ALL?" "Yes. None." "But what if things dont go well with the milk?" What am I supposed to do, pump until she's 12? If she doesn't like it, I'm loading it with Strawberry Quick. Enough is enough. Death to the pump? I'll drink to that :) -k

Niffer said...

Wow! A week before their birthday? Really? Well that changes EVERYTHING. And by "everything" I mean Yeee haaa! I'm surprised at how quickly my hatred for the pump hit me. One day I didn't mind it and the next I was like "Here, Michael. Take this and go pump for me!"