Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Best compliment yet

Saturday Miss Anna babysat Ellie so that I could surprise Michael with a date night. My intent was for him to answer the door and see her standing there, but the silly boy started making me dinner. Ack! Does he have to be so good to me? J/K

Anyway, Miss Anna watched Ellie for the night and I thought it would be a great match because they already know each other. Ellie loves Miss Anna. Her eyes lit up when she saw her, and then she seemed to go show off all her toys. Cute.

At the end of the night we were talking to Miss Anna about how it will still be a while before we try for the next child because the parenting amnesia from months 1-3 still hasn't set in yet. She's great now, but Michael still remembers those early days. Miss Anna said "It's funny that you say that because Ellie is the first baby I've ever watched that made me want one of my own."

Ah, seriously? That is so sweet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously! She is adorable. There's something special about the look in her eyes and how she pays attention to the world, she has a sweetness to her that is really noticeable. I thought the same thing when I met her. :)

Niffer said...

Ah, thank you! You should see her now. She is so engaging and adorable when she wants to talk. Completely out of nowhere she'll blurt out "CAR!" or "Ball!" and often you have to look for the car or ball she is talking about. I swear she's a ball detector. This morning when she saw another boy get upset about his mom leaving, she got really calm and came over to me for a nice big hug. I love that little girl's hugs!