Pages

Friday, August 01, 2008

What does a bear turn into?

A guppy, of course!

Today is Ellie's first full day in the main daycare center (up until now she's been in the infant center). She has been transitioning all week and apparently yesterday she dissed her beloved Miss Anna when she went to go pick her up. Wow! I didn't think that would ever happen!

The downside of all this is that the process to get a bear to transition into a guppy is a difficult one (as you can imagine), and it required a lot of help from a certain bunny. I have never seen Bun-Bun so distraught before. She was soaking from the tips of her corners all the way up through her head, and out her ears. It was like she was tossed into a washing machine and never put into the dryer. I had NO IDEA that a child could soak a stuffed animal to that level solely from sucking on it! Yuck.

And of course, today was really difficult for me because Ellie was very upset with the idea of me leaving her there. I guess I can't really blame her. It is the first time I've ever left her there before, but it breaks my heart to leave her when she is crying. Bun-Bun, get to work!

No comments: