Pages

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Traveling

I saw this on an old friend's blog and thought it would be cool to try it out.

I'd like to think that Michael and I have done a lot of traveling together, but I also hope that the traveling hasn't come to an end just because we now have a family.

Places I've visited in the US (I tried not to count the places that I only drove through to get from point A to point B):

visited 30 states (60%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

Apparently I forgot that Oregon existed. Doesn't it look lonely? But heck, 60% isn't too shabby, is it?

Now let's look at the world:

visited 15 states (6.66%)
Create your own visited map of The World

Now don't be too impressed... I didn't exactly walk across that entire land mass that people fondly refer to as Siberia, but it does make me want to fill in the white space between it and Europe. A measely 6.66% of the world, huh? I wonder how high that number will be in, say 30 years from now? I think about how many places my mom had been to by the time she was my age and it gives me hope. She hadn't been across the border until a few years ago and now her map is probably more colorful than mine (though most likely because the countries she has visited are larger than those in Europe).

And last, but not least, India:

visited 0 states (0%)
Create your own visited map of India

Ok, I admit it. I've never been there, but I really wanted to participate!

I'd like to look at this sort of thing years from now and see lots more red. Do you think Ellie would like to travel to exotic lands with her dorky parents when she gets a little older? If not, then maybe we can expand our local exposure. What kind of camping do they have in Mississipi anyway?

No comments: