Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly

Ellie has moved into the big kids center and has been in her new classroom for a week now. I wish we could say things were going well. They're not going terribly. She's sleeping better there becaues the entire center shuts down for nap time and she's not interrupted by crying babies. She eats all her food, but she's always been a good eater (peer-pressure, remember?). In the end I think that Ellie just needs more time to adjust to her new surroundings and she just doesn't understand why the change happened.

Regardless, we miss Miss Anna. Ellie LOVES Miss Anna. In fact, I tried hard to convince her to move into the older room with Ellie. If you don't believe me, you can ask Miss Anna herself. I didn't think it was too much to ask of her to follow Ellie until she was off to college. But alas, Miss Anna was strong. She stayed in the Bear room and Ellie is now a Guppy.

I'll be honest that leaving Miss Anna is hard on us (I wish I had a digital picture of the two of them together. These were taken by her, though). It got me thinking about how it is going to be difficult to leave any great teacher in the future, and that's not a part of parenting that I ever really thought about before.

Then today I "met" another Boulder Mommy* that has a blog, and read about her experience with an absolutely horrible teacher and it brought tears to my eyes. I can not imagine how heartbreaking that would be to watch your child go through something like that.

Finally, there are the ugly teachers. Don't get me started on how I feel about them! =)

There certainly are so many challenges about parenting that I never imagined! It's a good thing there are so many great surprises along the way to make up for it!

* You really should read the post.
Life and Times of a Mom on Wheelz

No comments: