Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Today marks the first day that Ellie did not cry when I left her in her new room at daycare. OH MY GOSH! How exciting!

These past few weeks have been so hard on me because she has cried every time I've left. I knew it was getting better every day because she would cry a little less each time, but it was still hard to deal with. In the infant center, Ellie would walk in with me, help me put her food away, then ***SHE*** would put Bunbun into the crib and walk into the other room to say hi to the teachers. There were no tears. There was no need for Bunbun. So to go from that to daily crying and a need for Bunbun's constant support... let's just say it was draining for me.

But today she didn't cry! Woohoo!

On a somewhat related note, I talked to the mommy of Ellie's favorite friend. She says that her daughter has never cried when she leaves and sometimes it hurts her feelings. She tends to think "come on, don't you care that Mommy is leaving you?" I thought it was an interesting perspective. Every parent wants their child to be happy, so it's easy for forget the reason behind the crying. All the crying is saying is "I like spending time with you, please stay." As hard as it is to see, I guess it's a compliment to have Ellie want me to stay with her.

So we'll see where it goes from here. It's definitely easier to leave her when she's not screaming. However, I do get the feeling that it will still happen because she sees all the other kids crying when their parents leave. My theory is that they are teaching her that crying is what should be done.

But again, she didn't cry today! Woohoo!

No comments: