Pages

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Addie these days

I can not believe how much my Addie has grown. Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that she is as old as she is and as mature as she is. I certainly find myself thinking she's always going to be my baby, which makes it easy to forget that she's growing up.

Both girls have been taking swim lessons, but now it's Addie's turn to take me by surprise. Like her sister (who, by the way, is able to do a double flip under the water), Addie has really taken to the water. She's not old enough for many of the classes but her teachers say that she's behaving at a level 2 classes above her. By the time she's old enough, she might be able to skip directly into the class that Ellie is in now. The only thing holding this girl back is her age (and thus her height), but she is a crazy fish and absolutely loves the water.

Addie loves to help Mommy with her activities, including the attempt to make felted soaps. I hear they're all the rage. lol. I love her quiet entusiasm and I love that she initiates playful behavior instead of just following suit.

Addie is so sweet, even if she thinks this pregnant figurine is a princess. Not only that, she think's the princess is me. Sigh. I can't hold it against her when she smiles and still tells me I'm her best friend.

I love seeing how happy Addie can get and I thought that this photo was good enough for a Wordless Wednesday, though I have plenty in stock for that occasion. Addie recently went to the dentist and was very brave just like her sister, but we were told she doesn't have her teeth (the ones next to the front teeth). It will be interesting to see if she has her permanent ones or not. If not, I blame Nana completely for those genes. Apparently we have options, but I'd rather not think about that right now. In my mind her teeth are still growing in because she's still my baby. Remember?

No comments: