Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Marriage Plans

Addie: Bye Michael! That's my Michael, Mommy!
Mommy: Oh is it? Is he nice?
Addie: Yeah. I love my Michael.
Mommy: I love mine too.
Ellie: Addie, are you going to marry Michael when you grow up?
Addie: Umm...
Ellie: I thought I was going to marry my Michael, but I changed my mind.
Mommy: Why?
Ellie: Because he didn't think it was a good idea. He just wants to stay friends.
Mommy: Did that make you sad?
Ellie: No. I'm just going to marry David instead.
Mommy: David? Is he nice?
Ellie: I like Michael better, but I like David too.
Mommy: Why not wait until you meet someone who you like even more than Michael? Why are you going to marry David if you don't like him as much?
Ellie: I'm going to marry David because he asked. I don't want to make him sad by saying no.
Mommy: Oh.
Addie: And we don't want to make our friends sad, right Mommy?
Mommy: I suppose not.
Addie: It's not very nice.
Ellie: But don't worry, Mommy. If I decide I don't like David, I can find another boy to marry.
Addie: Or a girl.
Ellie: No, we can only marry boys.
Mommy: What if you decide you really love a girl instead of a boy?
Ellie: Hmmm... If that happens then the three of us can live together. We can get a really really big bed like Gramma's!
Mommy: I suppose that's a solution too.
Addie: Yeah, and I love my red fox too!

No comments: