Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Falling Behind

I suppose a part of me saw this coming. Three weeks ago I decided to start working out to get back to a point where I feel healthy again. Yet at the very same time that I made that decision I was also saying that I simply didn't have enough spare time in the day to add something else to my routine. Quite honestly my days were full.

I had two priorities on how to spend my spare time -
1. Keeping up with this blog
2. Keeping up (ha) with the demand for my Gniffer's Gnomes

I felt that if I added anything else to my day, then something would fall behind. I desperately want to publish a book this year, as well as other things. Including exercise.

So let's just say that I'm not surprised that I've fallen behind. Now that I work out and walk to and from work, it soaks up a lot of my "spare" time. I do not spend as much time making gnomes, but on top of that, I can feel this blog falling behind.

I am NOT happy about that. I cherish this blog, but I find that in the last couple of weeks I've struggled to have the energy to pay attention to the cute things my girls do. Hopefully that will get better as I start to get past the muscle soreness and convince my body that it's good at this exercise stuff.

And it's not the end of the world if I don't write every day, is it? Hmmm... I feel like I'm letting my future self down.

This isn't a rant to be hard on myself. No, it's just a moment of thought. Change is good. I just need to find my balance again.

No comments: