Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

High Tea

As a special treat for Mother's Day we went to Celestial Seasonings for afternoon tea. Actually we went at 10:30 in the morning, but it was yummy just the same. I LOVE the little sandwiches and desserts that come with High Tea.

I'm thinking I'm going to put having tea on my list of favorite things to do with my girls. I don't know why, but there is something about it that is just fun and just about as frilly as this Niffer ever gets. I loved watching Ellie enjoy mixing her own teas and trying different flavors.

And Addie had fun too, though she I think she enjoyed the food more than the tea. Still, both girls had lots of smiles and that's all I need to have a wonderful day.

Of course it didn't hurt to have a bit of silliness with our proper High Tea. These guys make me laugh.

I wonder if Afternoon Tea will become a "tradition" of sorts between my daughters and I. I sure hope so! Is it too early to make reservations for next Mother's Day too?

You can't have a proper Mother's Day without the proper collection of treasures from both little and big loved ones alike.

This year I got a butterfly windsock! I can't say I've always wanted one, but that didn't stop me from finding the perfect place to hang it!

Sigh. My "poem" from Ellie. Need I say anything more?

Yes, Ellie, yes I did. I had TWO fantastic tea parties. Thank you sweet girl.

And thank you sweet Addie for all your smiles and hugs. And thank you, sweet Love for all your continued affection. I love you all!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Adorable! We love high tea as well. It was something special my mom and I always did. I looked on the CS website but could only find Cafe information. Is the high tea separate? Olive and I like to go, and that would be so much easier to get to than the Brown Palace. Details! Do you need reservations? Olive and I were going to have high tea at Lake Louise this summer, but we're just too exhausted for such a big trip. =(

Niffer said...

Locally I've been to high tea at the Brown Palace and Boulder's Dushanbe Tea House. Both are expensive. This was far cheaper but the setting wasn't quite as classy since it was held right in their cafeteria. Apparently they only do it once a year for Mother's Day, but I think they should do it more often. It seems to make sense to me that that would be a service they'd provide.

Heidi said...

Boo! I agree they should do it more often.

When we went last month in Abq 1 adult + 1 child was now over $50 before tax and tip. Not sure I want to know what the big cities charge these days! How was the one in Boulder?

Niffer said...

Last time I did high tea at the Brown Palace with just me and my mother-in-law, it cost us each $50 or $60. I haven't checked the price recently in Boulder, but I seem to recall it was $35ish. The one at Celestial Seasonings was $20 for adults and $10 for kids. Far cheaper. It's a shame it's so expensive. They make a lot of money from that one!!!

Heidi said...

Lol! The adult price at Dushanbe is less than the children's price in Abq. It wasn't even that cheap when I was G's age. Hmm. Think we're going to have to try it! Thanks for the information...I had no idea it existed! Yay!

Niffer said...

I just looked at the prices in Boulder. Even better! Cost is $19.95 per person ($10.95 children under 9). Woo hoo!