Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mommy and Me Tea

My daughter's class hosted a Mommy and Me tea party that turned out to be so much fun. The only thing that would have made it better is if it were outside (who knew we could cram that many people into that room?) but the weather was too cold to allow for that. I was the first mother to arrive (no need to cheer, I thought it started at 3:00 instead of 3:30) so it gave me a glimpse into the life of my daughter at school. Sort of. Oh my goodness was she proud to have me there. She would stand in line when told (not saying she doesn't do this when I'm not around) and beam with pride every time our eyes met. It was as though she was saying "Look at me, Mom! This is what ***I*** do!" I think that this half hour before the other mommies arrived was what made the afternoon tea party so special to me. I loved the look of pride on Ellie's face any time someone asked commented on me being her mommy.

The kids gave the mommies their presents (I'll be sure to post all my treasures later this weekend). And every time Ellie would build it up as "You are going to REALLY like this one. I KNOW you will, Mommy, because I KNOW what you like most of all. And it's this!"

She'd say the same for the next present too.

Each mommy got a balloon with a secret message on it. The card read "You are a great mommy because..." and then you blew up the balloon to read why. Ellie surprised me with being able to blow the balloon up herself, but her answer surprised me even more.

"... because you have me for a daughter!"

No comments: