Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Baby Back Baby Back Ribs

I want my baby back baby back baby back ribs...

I couldn't help myself - when I decided that I wanted to write to complain about my ribs, that song instantly jumped into my head. And has been there since. BBQ sauce!

Anyway, recently I've had two major complaints.

1. My back is killing me! Strangely enough, it seems to be centralized at one location, instead of across my entire back. If Michael just presses his finger in one spot, it's obvious that's where my pain is. And it's up in my middle back, not my lower back like you'd think. Just one spot, but damn does it hurt!

2. My ribs feel like they're being pulled apart! Well, actually it's closer to feeling like someone is ripping my muscles away from my ribs, and then stretching the ribs apart. Ironically, this is kind of what's happening. As my uterus grows (yes, it's reached my ribs), my skin gets pulled away from my ribs and the cartilage between my ribs gets stretched. The end result is chest pain like I've never experienced before, not to mention a constant feeling of bruising all along my lower ribs.

Hmmm... now I'm in the mood for Chili's. BBQ Sauce!

1 comment:

Niffer said...

Update:

I'll admit I actually wrote this entry a while ago but didn't post it because I wanted others to go up first.

So... an update... Today I am going bra-less. LOL! Wondering what that has to do with the pain in my ribs?

Well... there are three theories:
1. The pain is my ribs being stretched as I mentioned before.
2. The pain might be the beginning of Braxton Hicks contractions.
3. The pain might be no more than a sign that I need to get myself a better bra.

Hehehe... I'm voting for #3 because I don't want to go for another 2+ months complaining about pain every night.