Pages

Friday, February 02, 2007

Un-necessary worrying

I used to make fun of my mom for how much she would worry about us when there was nothing to worry about. A classic example would be how if she would have to slam on the brakes while driving, she would automatically fling up her arm to hold back the child in the passenger seat, as if her arm would save us when the seat belt alone would not. I even remember on one occasion how she knocked the wind out of me by trying to save my life in such a way. Mothers. They can be so silly.

I recently got my first real taste of this un-necessary worrying. I had convinced myself that I was not feeling the baby move much and that it was abnormal. Forget the fact that I was pretty active when this thought came to mind (usually I notice my baby move most when I'm not moving myself and everything around me is silent). Without going into too many details, let's just say that it was the first time I really thought about what it would be like as a parent to lose a child. And believe me, I did not like it one bit.

And just for you worry-ers, baby is moving around just fine now. =)

No comments: