Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Political bumper stickers

Today's baby update reminded me of a bumper sticker that Michael and I saw the other day.

Today's update -
Day 202: If you are having a boy its testes are completely descended now.

Bumper Sticker -
Foreskin is not a birth defect.

Hahahaha! Let's give that a little thought, shall we? There is someone out there who actually has that written on his car! Not only that, but the market must be large enough to make it worthwhile to print the bumper sticker in the first place! God that makes me laugh.

Ok, now we get serious...
I have to admit that this decision is going to be a tough one for me.

On one hand, it's hard for me to imagine not getting my son circumcised. After all, I've never seen one that wasn't. Wouldn't it be weird? You have to admit that it would be. Well, ok, you don't have to admit it, but at least cut me some slack for thinking so.

On the other hand, I don't think it's necessary. After all, it's not nearly as common as it once was, and the medical arguments just don't stand anymore.

In all honestly, I haven't given it a whole lot of thought, even though I probably should. If we do end up having a boy, then it will need to be done relatively soon after the birth and that's a serious decision that shouldn't be made light-heartily.

So, in the end... I think it will be Michael's decision. After all, he's probably going to have to be the one who teaches our little boy how to use it in the first place. hahaha!

The other solution, which strangely I find myself assuming, is that we just have a girl. Problem solved.

What I do know for sure, though, is that it would take A LOT of convincing to get me to put a bumper sticker like that on my car!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I...uh...just snotted diet root beer out of my nose.

Okay, I totally love that bumber sticker! Now that we have adult cars we put our bumper stickers on the fridge. (Makes for good conversation in the kitchen.) Where can I buy one???

Stop on by and check out our daily peep shows here. The Cracker still *loves* an audience in the bathroom.

(Is it just wrong that I'm even talking about it?)