Pages

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pregnancy Spurts

Do you ever feel like you just got super-pregnant over night?

No? Maybe it's just me then.

I didn't want to say anything because I thought for sure it was my imagination, but then Michael asked me a couple nights ago "Do you ever feel like you reach a plateau when it comes to your pregnancy progress and then BAM! Overnight, you take a huge leap forward?" Apparently he, too, noticed that overnight I suddenly started sitting and standing up like a pregnant woman.

And I swear it was not a gradual change. Saturday I was sitting and standing just fine, but Sunday I was all about the reaching behind me for support and standing with my stomach first. Much like when I first got my tummy in November, it was an over-the-night change.

On the bright side of things... this weekend we went shopping for anther pair of pregnant jeans (sadly my first pair might have to go into early retirement). OK, OK, so that's the the bright side yet. The bright side is that I got a pair of overalls!


Yay! Yay! I LOVE OVERALLS!!! I used to have a pair in college and I quickly learned that it is nearly impossible to wear overalls and be upset! They're magical really! But now, I look super cute because not only can I wear cute overalls and get away with it (they're not widely accepted on the East Coast), but I look super cute AND pregnant! So much fun!

Don't believe me? Well just ask and I'll tell you just how much fun they are! I believe that there might even be studies that show it's nearly impossible to be in a bad mood when wearing overalls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Jen, you're so cute! The overalls are great. I can't wear them now (TOTALLY unflattering to my body type), but when I get pregnant, I WILL have overalls!

On a separate note, the baby's room looks so nice. I'd love to see it, compared with when Miss & I were there.

Jen

Niffer said...

I think overalls are definitely a requirement for pregnant women! I'm now wondering how I can convince the workplace that overalls are dressy enough for work. =)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I have like ten pairs of them. When your pregnant, that is the only thing I wore. I love overalls!

Niffer said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!