Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Those don't go there!

One of the things I'm sure most pregnant women accept but wish they don't have to is the concept of stretchmarks. I thought I was ahead of the game because I knew I was going to get them! I knew because I already had them. It's not like it's something I go around bragging about, but I do indeed have stretchmarks on my upper hips. Shhhh! It's a seeeecret!

I've had my stretchmarks for so long that I don't really know where they came from. In fact, I don't really understand them because it's not like I ever went through a period of time when I gained a lot of weight. Well, OK... you might you count the 10 pounds in college and the 5 pounds afterwards as major weight gain, but I never have. I just figured that I had the type of body that was prone to getting stretchmarks.

So when I got pregnant, I knew I would get stretchmarks as my tummy grew and I was OK with that. In all honesty, I was a little excited about it (I'm a freak, I know) because I've seen a picture that one of my friends has from her pregnancy. The picture was taken by her husband, from underneath her tummy, looking up at her. She's smiling down past her tummy, but you can still barely see her face. This particular picture was actually how she found out she had stretchmarks on her tummy, but I love it! I am so going to duplicate that picture even if it's as I'm going into labor!

Having said all that... I was not prepared for this.... Stretchmarks on my hips? Fine. Stretchmarks on my tummy? Sure, no problem. But stretchmarks on my breasts? Excuse me??? Yes, my breasts have grown so much (I won't know how much until I finally get off my @$$ and go buy a better bra) that I now have marks on them. Sorry, no pictures will be provided. UGH! Do they go away? Please tell me they go away! Someone tell me they go away!

No comments: