Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2007

No more potatoes! No more needles!

We got iced in yesterday and got the day off of work. Let me tell you, when it rains ice, it kind of sucks. However, it was nice to have Valentine's Day to ourselves.

How did we spend the day? Well, we thought it would be fun to spend all morning in a waiting room to get my blood drawn 4 times. As it turns out, it was finally decided that I should go ahead and take the next test to see if I have gestational diabetes. Luckily, I had been preparing myself by dieting for the last few days and so I was ready to take the test.

Some people have asked me why not just wait until the roads got better? They think the idea of a pregnant woman out on bad roads seems a little unnecessary. Well, let me tell you that it was VERY necessary! If we didn't go take the test yesterday, I would have had to go another day being forced-fed dessert and potatoes! For those of you who know be well, you'll know that this is probably not something you ever thought you'd hear me say:

ENOUGH WITH THE POTATOES!!!

And since I'm complaining... Enough with the needles too! My arm is now bruised from all the pokes!

So... how did the test go? Well I don't know official results until today or tomorrow, but I'll be honest and say that I wouldn't be surprised if the results come back too high. Why? Simply because of the fact that when I drank the orange goo, I nearly passed out from being so tired! I couldn't read my book because I was so tired, nor could I take a nap between needle stabs because I felt too nauseous.

I'm not sure if that's a normal reaction or not, but Michael was able to point out the bright side of the situation and reminded me that if I do have gestational diabetes, chances are I'll have another ultrasound! Woohoo!

On a happier note... I actually did have a good Valentine's Day. It was nice spending the day with my Michael. I'll try to post some pictures soon!

1 comment:

Niffer said...

Update:

The new test results came back and everything is normal. Usually the doctor's office doesn't call back if that's the case, so when I saw their name on my caller ID, I got a little nervous. They should know better than to scare a pregnant woman like that!

On a sad note... I suppose this means that I probably won't get another ultrasound! For those who plan to get pregnant in the future... just know that the 20 week ultrasound is all you will most likely get! Make the most of it!