Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Creepy child

I think I caught Ellie sleep walking last night. It gave me nightmares. Seriously.

I came upstairs to go to bed and I saw her standing in front of her bed, with Bun-Bun in her mouth. However, she wasn't saying anything and wasn't upset. I went to the door and asked her if she was OK. She just stood there like a zombie. I told her that I was about to go to sleep and would she like to get back into bed. She just stood there like a zombie. I went into her room and asked her if she wanted a hug, and she looked up at me but continued to stand there like a zombie. I gave her a hug and she was non-reactive. She was cold and life-less. You know, like a zombie. I asked her if she wanted to go back to sleep and she turned around, very zombie like and put her head on the bed. Her legs were still on the floor but her head was on the bed. Like a zombie. I'm sure that's how zombies sleep.

That's how I left her. Standing on the floor, with her head on the bed. Like a zombie. I went to bed myself and proceeded to have nightmares about my child being infected by some kind of zombie-inducing flu. Like in the movies. The zombie movies, of course. I've only seen one, but I'm sure they're all the same. Anyway, needless to say, I was a little relieved when she woke up screaming for Mommy at 6:00. She woke me at a point where I was about to give someone permission to rid the world of all zombies, including my precious little girl. I'll take screaming over that dream any time.

I could do without that particular z word. Creepy.

2 comments:

Iman Woods Creative said...

What an awful night! Hopefully this is the first and last time something similar will happen. HUGS!

spleeness said...

oh man, that does sound creepy. I'm glad you woke up to a healthy awake little girl. No more Z movies!