Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Potty Update

I haven't mentioned Potty Training in a while, have I? Well, here's an update:

Ellie is doing quite well. She usually goes pee pee on the potty at least a couple times a day at school. They put the kids on the potty once an hour and apparently Ellie is one of the few kids who does so without complaining and is excited about it.

She's gone poo poo in the potty at school once.

At home, we're not quite as consistent. I try to ask her often if she wants to go potty, but I'll be honest, it's hard to remember to do so. Having said that, though, she usually sits on the potty at the same time I do 2 or 3 times a day.

She's gone poo poo in the potty at home three times now. One time, she even initiated it herself during dinner and we jumped up to race to the bathroom. She thought that was fun and was disappointed that she couldn't go poo poo when she tried to repeat the fun a couple minutes later.

In public, she tried to go pee pee on the big potty once but I think the size of the toilet was a little intimidating. None-the-less she was proud that she tried.

Last night she was getting ready to take a bath and I was downstairs amputating another Bun Bun. I heard her start to scream bloody murder and I thought for sure that she slipped and hurt herself. Either that or she was pissed that Daddy was trying to wash her hair. When I asked what happened, I was surprised to hear the answer "she accidentally went pee pee on the floor." Poor Ellie. She was so devastated that she accidentally peed on the floor. We tried to tell her it's ok and that accidents sometimes happen, but she was so very upset. Maybe she was disappointed that she couldn't celebrate the success like she could have in the potty? Maybe she didn't like how unexpectedly she had to pee? Maybe she didn't like the feeling of it running down her legs? Maybe she was just upset at herself, feeling like she could have, should have been able to sit on the potty?

Either way, I'm guessing it's a good sign. Heartbreaking yes, but good in terms of potty-going.

No comments: