Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Flowers and Pepperoni

Ellie spent the day with Aunt Erin and Grandma up in Estes Park and when I showed up for dinner, she showed me a bottle of wildflowers that she picked around Grandma's house. She apparently was very excited to give them to me and even displayed them prominently so that I would notice them quickly. I did not. However, when they were pointed out to me, I certainly made a big deal out of them. They were a big deal. They're so pretty and Ellie picked them just for her Mommy! She was so proud.

We brought the flowers home and she likes that we have them on display. One morning we sat and ate breakfast at our new Ellie-sized table that our neighbor Olivia gave us. We put the flowers on the table and she liked it. She smelled them and made sure that I knew how pretty they were.

Then she started talking to the flowers. "Hello fowers! How. Are. You?" so I had to take a picture. Or two. Or three. Why stop there?

After just a few pictures:

Mommy: Say cheese!
Ellie: Mommy?
Mommy: Yeah?
Ellie: I tired of cheese.
Mommy: You're tired of saying cheese?
Ellie: Yeah.
Mommy: What do you want to say instead?
Ellie: Ummm...
Mommy: How about pepperoni!?
Ellie: Yeah!
Mommy: Say pepperoni!
Ellie: Pepperoniiiiii!

The next few minutes were filled with tons of giggles and laughter because we both thought it was silly to say pepperoni, but I got a few great pictures out of it.My favorite picture, though, was when she said "Hi fowers. I lou you fowers!"

It took some convincing to get her to agree to leaving Mommy's flowers at home instead of bringing them to school. As sweet as it is that she wants to show them to the world, I'm being selfish and keeping them to myself this time!

3 comments:

spleeness said...

amazing how even after a couple of months she looks even more grown up! Are you sure she didn't just turn 4? :)

Adorable!

Iman Woods said...

So cute! Are you going to dry the flowers?

Niffer said...

I thought about pressing them but in order to do that I would have had to before they started dying. Ellie wouldn't have allowed for that. Wild flowers don't dry very nicely unless they're pressed. Alas, the flowers eventually ended up in the trash. At least I got pictures of them, though! Maybe next year Ellie will pick flowers for me again and we can press them. That would be fun.