Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tid-Bits II

I love how, when paying our bill at a restaurant, Ellie needs to sign the check just like Mommy and Daddy. We usually give her our copy of the receipt, and she scribbles on it, then we leave both for the waitress.

I love how Ellie is a hair detector. We have lots of hair around the house (two long haired cats can do a number on a place) and Ellie can find them all. When she finds one, the alarm is sounded. "HAIR! HAIR! HAIR!" until you come to take it off of her fingers.

I love how she needs to have soap on both hands when washing them. It's not good enough to rub the soap from one hand onto the other. She needs soap squirted onto both hands.

I love how we can often catch her singing songs but often forgetting some lyrics. Somehow, she still doesn't miss any of the melody and it flows smoothly none-the-less.

I love how she plays the following game with Mommy: Mommy makes a funny sound and flops a body part into a different location. Ellie repeats sound and appropriate appendage flopping. Repeat with a different sound and different body part.

I love it when she uses incorrect words that make just about as much sense as the correct version. Gummy Bears are "Nummy Bears," BBQ sauce is "Barney Que" sauce, door bell is "ding bell" and oatmeal is "oat milk."

I love how Ellie strokes my hair and my face when she wants me to lay down with her. She smiles and says "Lay down" and reaches for my face. She knows what calms me down.

I love how when someone leaves her sight and she wants them to return, she'll say "Granma! Where! ARE! You!"

1 comment:

Iman Woods Creative said...

This is a poem. :) This would be great in a shadow box or scrap book with one of her receipts, pictures of her washing her hands... This post is going to be such a treasure for her to read later.