Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Feeding Addie

We'll put "Baby's first solid food" on the list of differences between our first baby and second baby. With Ellie, we were all concerned about her fully swallowing each tiny bite before giving her the next one. With Addie... well let's just say Ellie had the spoon.Actually, they both did pretty well. Ellie was a fantastic big sister and did a good job of keeping the food in Addie's mouth. Addie, on the other hand, did a pretty good job of not choking.Addie gets double points for the fact that she is two months younger than Ellie was when she got her first solid food. Let's just say we're desperate to get some sleep.I loved how Addie kept looking at me for reassurance. It was like she was saying, "Do you see what Ellie is doing? Are you sure I should go along with this?" Sweet Addie goes along with just about everything.This last one is my favorite. Look at how excited Addie is to eat something with actual texture! And look at the absolute concentration on big sister Ellie's face. She was determined to do a good job of feeding her baby sister. I'm starting to get a feel for how much I'm going to enjoy watching my two girls interact with each other - there are going to be some great stories in the months to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great post. Great pictures, great that Ellie had the honor of doing it, great commentary by you. I especially love how Addie kept looking at you for reassurance. Sweet, sweet girls.

Jen

spleeness said...

I love these pictures. Especially the first and last ones. These are definitely photos the girls will look at with much affection when they get older!