Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Tid-Bits VIII

I love how Ellie thinks the soap suds in the bath water are "dinosaurs." She can even point out the heads and tails of each dinosaur and she reassures me that they're friendly dinosaurs so I shouldn't be afraid.

I love how Ellie has started to answer for Addie. Whenever we ask a question like "Addie are you ready to go to school?" Ellie speaks with her cute little squeaky voice and says "Yes I am!"

I think it's cute how Ellie gets the order of her because statements backwards.
"I'm sad because I'm crying."
"Daddy pulled my hair because I'm crying."
"My shoes are off because my feet are cold."
"Bun Bun is my special friend because I love her."

I love how sometimes when Ellie realizes she has made a mistake or could do something better, she'll ask to practice again. An example of this would be if we tell her that she's not being polite by interrupting Mommy when she speaks, she'll say "Ok, let's try again..." She's so proud of herself when she knows she has shown us that she can do it.

all da cows = avocados
please man = police man
min dents = minutes

I think the most adorable thing ever must be a toddler singing the song "On my own" from Les Miserables. No, wait... I take that back. The most adorable thing is listening to her sing the song with her Daddy. I need to try to get that one on video.

I love how Ellie needs to know what a song is about.
Ellie: What's dis song about Mommy?
Mommy: Uh... It's about how every rose has a thorn and every cowboy sings a sad song.
Ellie: Oh. He's sad?

I love how Ellie always wants things to turn out happy.
Ellie: What's dis song about Mommy?
Mommy: Uh... It's about a girl who is sad because her prince is gone and she misses him ("Without You" from Rent).
Ellie: But... But... But... her prince come back and she be happy, right Mommy?
Mommy: Right.
Ellie: Good.

I love how when Ellie is excited about something, she'll say "Hurry! Hurry!" and then start to breathe quickly, as though it's the breathing that gets makes the difference in how long it takes to accomplish something.

No comments: