Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

So Grown Up

Every now and then Ellie brings up a conversation all on her own that makes me realize how much she ages every day. This morning she asked me if I had a dream last night and whether or not it was scary. Then she told me that she had a dream about an alligator, but she was a nice alligator because she had buttons.

A week ago we were reading a book about Curious George going to the fire station. There is a page that shows about 10 children standing next to a table with five chairs. She said the following, "One, two, tree, four, five chairs. One for her, one for her, one for her, one for her and one for her." Subtle, I know, but do you see that she just counted WITHOUT specifically saying the numbers? She did it twice!

She grows more and more every day. As for me, I know what I want to be when I grow up. When I grow up, I want to be a little girl. They're lots of fun.

No comments: