Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Big Sister Quote of the Day

Ellie has been saving up her quarters to buy a horse stuffed animal that she really wanted and she FINALLY had enough money to buy it all by herself! That's almost $9.00!!!

Ellie: Ok, so what we're looking for is a horse.
Mommy: I'll help. How about this one?
Ellie: No, I'm looking for a brown horse.
Daddy: Like this one?
Ellie: Yeah! Look Mommy! Daddy found it!
Mommy: I found one too!
Ellie: Hey, I have an idea! Dis one can be for me wif my own money and dis one can be for Addie.
Mommy: Oh, sweetie, Addie isn't old enough to have her own money yet so I don't think we can buy her one too.
Ellie: No I mean wif my money!
Mommy: But you only have enough money to buy one.
Ellie: Hey! I have an idea dat is a good one! How about I buy dis one wif my own money and DEN I can save more money and buy one for Addie!
Mommy: Oh, that would be very nice of you!
Ellie: Did you hear dat, Addie? I can save my monies so dat you can have a horse too!

Later after buying the horse and getting some change back from the cashier...

Ellie: Look, Daddy! I got some money back and I can already start saving for anoder horsie for Addie! See?

I'm telling you, this girl is an amazing sister. It was a big feat for her to save for the first horse since she has the potential of earning a maximum of 8 quarters in any given week (Ha! Like that's ever going to happen), let alone her offering to do it again for Addie's sake!

No comments: