Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Ellie's getting married

Apparently one of her teachers recently got engaged so the topic of marriage is a common one in Ellie's life right now.

Ellie: Mommy, do you know why I have a ring?
Mommy: No, why?
Ellie: Because I'm getting married and I filled up my sticker chart!
Mommy: Oh, good job! Who are you going to marry?
Ellie: Umm.... Daddy!
Mommy: But I'm married to Daddy.
Ellie: Dat's ok. We can share him and when Addie gets bigger, she can marry him too.
Mommy: All of us?
Ellie: Yep, we can all share.
Mommy: When you get bigger and meet your own prince, I don't think Daddy is going to marry you, but he has another very important job.
Ellie: Why?
Mommy: It's his job to walk you to your prince on your wedding day. It's called "walking you down the aisle."
Ellie: Oh.
Mommy: And it's Mommy's job to sit in the front row and cry.
Ellie: Why?
Mommy: Oh, don't worry. It'll be happy tears.
Ellie: Why?
Mommy: Because I will be happy that you have found your prince but a little sad that you will no longer be my little girl.
Ellie: But I don't want you to cry because it will take away all my energy.
Mommy: Oh, I certainly don't want to take away all your energy on your wedding day!
Ellie: Don't worry, Mommy, even dough I will marry my prince, I will still love you.

1 comment:

Hummingbitch said...

This is darling. LOVE!