Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Tid-Bits

For the most part, Ellie is pretty good at sharing her stuff with Addie, but it made me laugh one day when was passing out candy and said "I will share. One for me and one for me."

One of the things I love about living in Gunbarrel (North part of Boulder) is the hot air balloons that take off nearly daily from a nearby park. Ellie loves them too and told me recently, "Hot air-o balloons are very special to me because dey make my heart sing." I couldn't have said it better.

I love how when you take Addie to Gramma's house, she automatically goes over to the shelves and starts handing you the stuff to put onto higher shelves. She knows how to child-proof places.

I love how Addie seems to enjoy my new stained glass photos as much as I do. She points to them and babbles a little every time she sees them, just to make sure you see them too.

I love that when I went to go wake up Ellie the first morning after we got back from England, she gave me a great big sleepy smile and then put her arm around me and went back to sleep.

I love that when Addie saw a picture book of bears at the book store, she squealed with delight and ran as fast as she could to the book to show us.

I love the fact that the first time Ellie ever tried the climbing wall at the rec center, she made it all the way to the top and rang the bell! Sometimes her courage astonishes me.

I think it's a bit strange how Addie insists that all dolls (including the Barbies) do NOT wear shoes. I wonder why.

Is there anything better than ice cream wars, where Ellie and Daddy fight over who gets the next bite, inevitably resulting in lots of laughter and giggles, perhaps even a snort or two, ice cream coming out of your nose or a toot - all of which create even more laughter? No, I guess that's as good as it gets.

I love how whenever Ellie sings the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" she bends over and pats her butt like the dog does in this video. Then proceeds to laugh and laugh, because let's face it... it's pretty darn funny.

No comments: