Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Once Upon a Time...

... a princess was born into the world. She was a beautiful child with a kind soul. She was my princess...

... and my princess grew and soaked in the world around her. She showed me how incredibly beautiful and magical the world can be through the eyes of a child...

... and time continues to pass as the princess learns new ways to laugh and be silly. And when she smiles, the whole world stops and stares for a while - just like the song says.

In all seriousness, these photos have become more meaningful to me than most of the others I have taken. Perhaps I always knew they would, but seeing the results just solidifies it for me. Ellie has changed so very much and I love that I have been able to capture it in such a stunning way. Every time I look at the progression (and trust me I've done that a lot in recent days) I get tears in my eyes. The words aren't there, but the deep feelings certainly are.

But when is the changing going to slow down? It wasn't long ago that she needed to be held up to stand, and even more so for when she was proud to learn how to spin like a princess. Now she can do it all - jump, twirl, stand on one foot... as long as it's fun Ellie can do it by herself. At this rate, the next picture (in a couple years from now) will be of her flying!

Her smile is so uplifting, I'd do anything within my power to make her smile. I know that my own life is all the more fun every time I get a glimpse of her happiness.

So yes, I can already predict the future of my daughters being slightly annoyed by my insistence to get a princess photo every couple years, but I hope they know how much it means to me. I want to be able to capture their youth and innocence. This is the sweet life and I want to gobble it up.

2 comments:

True Self Studio said...

You write so beautifully! I think that is the sweetest most loving set of pictures and article that I have ever read.. Your daughters are blessed to have a mother like you. :)

Niffer said...

Thank you! What a nice thing to say! I hope you continue to enjoy the stuff I write... it's all the laughs and smiles that I want to look back on in 30 years from now.