Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Daddy can you hear me?

Daddy is away again for a short trip for work. Tonight while I was getting the girls ready, I noticed that Ellie disappeared into my room for a while. When I went to see what she was up to, I found her standing between the curtain and the window, talking to herself, almost, but not quite in a whisper. When I asked her who she was talking to, she shyly giggled and said "No one."

After I was done putting Addie to bed, I found Ellie at my window again. This time I snuck up behind her so that I could hear what she was saying:

"... and so if you can hear me, Daddy, I want you to know dat I was just stinking about you and I love you forever. And I'm your girl. Forever. And if you can hear me, I love you very much. Forever. I forever love you and I miss you. Oh, and if you can hear me, Daddy, thank you for being my daddy. You are forever a good daddy. I wish for you to forever love me. I don't know if you can hear me, but I still love you and I miss you and when you come home I will still be here. And den I will give you a hug and play wif you. Can you hear me? I hope so. I hafta go to bed now, so night night, Daddy. I forever love you. Here is my hug..."

OH. MY. GOD.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michael get home soon. :(

Jen H said...

His heart must have totally melted when you told him that.