Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Maybe it's Maybelline

A little reminder:
Keagan Asher if it's a boy.
Lori.elle Ashlyn if it's a girl.

I have to say that for the most part, I have been pleasantly surprised at the lack of negative comments we have received in regards to the names we picked. I'm sure that for the most part, it's due to people just being polite, but that is to be expected.

Up until yesterday, the worst comment we got since choosing the names was something along the lines of "Well I guess a Michael and a Jennifer would have to pick uncommon names for their children."

I have been particularly fond of Lori.elle. We like the fact that it has an obvious nickname of Lori and we can have a cutesy family nickname of Ellie. Anyway, both Michael and I have simply loved the name since the first time we heard it and I think that for the most part everyone we share it with agrees. I seem to remember one person (don't recall who it was) even said something along the lines of "I think you might have found the perfect unique girl's name that no one can fault."

Well that person was apparently wrong. Yesterday we got our first real negative comment the girl's name, and I think it is worse than the "Keagan is a vegan" comment we've gotten for the boy's name.

"Lori.elle? You mean like the make-up?"

Huh? I must admit I never ever made that connection. It never occurred to me that L'Oreal is pronounced the same as Lori.elle. UGH! I just hope we won't have to constantly say "this is our daughter, Lori.elle.... No, not like the make-up."

No comments: