Pages

Friday, January 04, 2008

An announcement

I suppose that since we have given work our official notice, it's no longer necessary for me to stay silent on my blog...

We're moving to Colorado!

I'm sure this surprises all of you for different reasons. Some would probably say they thought it would never happen and that I was just all talk. Others would be surprised because it's just so sudden.

Let me just say that it was the toughest decision I've ever had to make, and I'm sure it's tougher for Michael. The downside of this is that we both like our jobs and they're good jobs (stable, pay well, and we're working on ground-breaking stuff in the areas we're both interested in, not to mention the fact that it's the same company so we spend a lot of time together). However, even that isn't the biggest downside of us moving.

Michael's dad lives an hour from us, and we're going to miss them. Honestly, I wish we weren't leaving them, but I tell myself that the main reason we're moving back to CO is that we want to raise Ellie close to the **majority** of our family. Believe me, it sucks to have to tell Grandpa we're moving away. However we will be closer to Grandma, Grandma, Aunt Erin, Uncle David and Uncle Jacob... so overall, that's a gain, right?

Regardless, here's the plan as it stands now:
We will ship the cats to CO so that we can clean up the house to put on the market. My last day at work is the 16th of Jan. I will fly out there with Ellie on the 20th and most likely stay with my sister for a few weeks. During that time I will search for daycare and a job (the job story is a long one - in a nutshell I may have one but I don't know if I'll accept the offer if/when I get it). Michael's last day is the 2nd of February and he'll drive out that weekend to start work at LASP in Boulder the following Monday. We will most likely live with his mom until we sell our place and buy a new on in CO.

Questions? I'm sure you have them. Bring them on!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! A lot of people are going to be happy to have you back. Yes, I am one of them.

Cheryl

Niffer said...

Thanks! That certainly helps!

Anonymous said...

You'll be missed.

Niffer said...

Ah shucks. Thank you. So will you.

Unknown said...

You forgot Uncle Justin on the list

Niffer said...

My apologies... I was listing "families" not necessarily individual people.

Yes, you're right, there are so many family members who are excited to see us move to CO. Grandma Cindy & Grandpa Bob, Grandma Judy & Grandpa Bill, Uncle Justin & Aunt Erin, Uncle David and Uncle Jacob. That's not even counting Grandpa Larry & Grandma Vicki, who even though they're in OK, they will be able to visit more often than they do here.

Unfortunately that leaves Grandpa Lou & Grandma Jeanne. We'll miss them a lot. And hopefully we'll still be able to see Aunt Gabby and Aunt Ana occasionally, but only time will tell.

Trust me, I know... there are a lot of people to mention and we love them all.

Anonymous said...

Will def miss ya! Best of luck
Char

Niffer said...

Thanks Char! There is a list of people I'm going to miss and you're definitely near the top! Hopefully we'll be able to catch up occasionally when we come out to visit Grandpa (who lives in Alexandria).

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I'm so excited. I thought it would happen, but not this soon. I'm happy to hear it, though. I can't wait to hang out!

Jen R.

Niffer said...

Yay! Yay! It'll be so nice to be able to hang out again without having to buy expensive airline tickets! It's a bitter-sweet time for us, but overall I think it's going to be a good decision. I miss you guys!