Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Buh bye Ms Lexie

Today was Ellie's last day at school, and I must say it was hard on me. Even at such a young age, it's very apparent that she loves her teacher. Ms Lexie is the only person (other than Mommy and Daddy) who she will throw herself at. Her eyes brighten up, she gives a great big smile, showing all the teeth, and she squishes up in her excited ball whenever she sees Ms Lexie. I think we hit the jackpot for a good daycare... I certainly hope she likes the next one as well. This transition is going to be hard on her.


On a different note, on her last day at school, Ellie did her first piece of artwork Her teacher put the glue on the page, and she placed the snow. As you can see, it shows an incredible insight that is rare for a 9 month old to have... by clumping all the snow into one area, it's obvious that she understands that snow comes from the clouds. Don't you think?

I'll be honest. I never thought that I'd get all sappy over these sort of things, but as soon as I saw the snow and I realized Ellie did it, I cried. I love it. I love it. I love it. And yes, this comes as a complete surprise to me.

No comments: