Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Daycare Pictures

It's picture time for the kids at daycare and this morning I was all proud of how I am a good mommy. I got Ellie dressed up in her cutest dress. Ok, it's her only dress, but it's still cute. It is a Halloween dress with cats and pumpkins and a bow... oh, just trust me on the cuteness!

Anyway, I am all proud of myself for making her look so cute. I even managed to get a black bow in her hair. She was ready for pictures!

Then we saw her best friend. This little girl is just so pretty. She wears the best clothes! For pictures, she's dressed up in this adorable pink number that almost looks old-fashioned. And she has a pink bow in her hair. And she has more hair.

Now I can't do anything about the last item, but seeing this little girl dressed up for pictures took away some of my pride in how I remembered to dress Ellie up so she would be cute.

Hmm... Is it better to dress up a child in super-cute outfits, or is it just the thought that counts? I vividly remember a time when my mom forgot to dress me up and I ended up taking pictures in an ugly plain white turtleneck. I always wanted the super girlie dresses that the other girls had. And since I know a certain Grandma who would be more than willing to buy such things, shouldn't I have put more effort into making her "pretty" for her pictures instead of just "cute"?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like she's pretty darn cute to me, maybe the fact that you made the effort to make her look sweet will make her feel special, moreso than what she actually wears. I guess you could try it either way and see how she seems to feel (or how you feel) (like if you take her out for pictures at the mall or something).

Ellie, even without a raging mane like her best friend (lol) is one of the most beautiful little girl's I've ever seen! She doesn't need much to make her adorable, a smile does quite nicely to dress up her look. :)

Heidi said...

It's the kid, not the outfit. Besides, you guys take great pictures of her all the time! Those are much more precious than some posed shot by a stranger.

Niffer said...

That's what Michael tells me. I've heard the same thing from other mothers - that the pictures they take themselves mean more to them than the professional ones. But, not having had any professional ones done yet, it's easy for me to crave them. =)

Niffer said...

Spleeness - I'll try to get a picture of Ellie's best friend's raging mane for you. LOL.