Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I call myself "the cock"

Ellie LOVES her new French music (given as part of the French class we joined). The theme is "Life on the farm." Between every song, she says "Mo! Mo!" while signing "More! More!" She's even requested more music as soon as she gets into the car.

That's the good part. The bad part is that it gets stuck in your head very easily, yet it's French. Luckily for me, I understand most of the French, but poor Michael does not. As such, it figures that the lyrics he ended up getting stuck in his head are:

Je m'appelle le coq. Le coq.

So he's been going around singing "I call myself "the cock"! The cock!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I totally love this, can picture him singing!

Niffer said...

Hehehehe. Poor guy.

Heidi said...

Maybe you can help me out! I was in a similar class as a toddler, and there is a song that has been haunting me for years. Something about a petite marionette...? The lyrics that my toddler self learned and remembered are sooo off that even after 2 years of high school French and 3 years in college I cannot figure out what they could have possibly been. So, anything about a petite marionette? Seriously, it's been driving me crazy for years!

Niffer said...

The only help that I can give you is to assure you that a petite marionette song does exist. I know I learned it at one time in French class myself. LOL... that probably only drives you more crazy.