Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Mystery Solved

Grandma recently bought Ellie a dog toy. Sometimes baby toys make great toys for dogs and visa-versa, though I'm not sure which one is cheaper. This is a stuffed cat that sings (meows) when you close its mouth. I think it's a horrible evil dog toy because I've always hated it when people encourage dogs to attack cats, call it a left-over pet peeve of mine from my ex-step-father.

Anyway, the tag on the cat said that it sang "How much is that dog in the window?" though I could never get the notes to line up. In fact, it drove me crazy that I couldn't figure out how to get the cat to sing that song. I'm anal sometimes and because I couldn't figure out where the song began, I was somewhat obsessed with getting the toy to sing properly.

Apparently I wasn't the only one. While I was getting Ellie ready for the day, I heard the cat start to sing. Daddy was taking his turn playing now. However, after a few minutes and much to my surprise, I could understand what the cat was singing.

It was NOT "How much is that dog in the window".
It was NOT even a single song, but rather three!

"Twinkle twinkle little star"
"Playmate, come out and play with me"
"I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee"

UGH! No wonder I couldn't get the stupid (yet brilliant) cat to sing correctly! I can finally sleep peacefully tonight.

No comments: