Pages

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The uses of "Bye bye"

Some of the reasons to use "Bye Bye":

- Bye (usually spoken once the person is completely out of hearing range).
- I'm leaving now.
- Let's go outside.
- I get to go home now!
- Can you still hear me?
- I'll be in the other room if you need me.
- Water goes down the drain.
- The kitty just ran away from me.
- My ice cream is gone; someone must have eaten it!
- My milk is all gone.
- The end.
- The book goes here. Stay Book! Stay!
- Trash goes in the trashcan.

But by far, the best use of "Bye bye"...

The other day the doorbell rang and we were all excited to see who it was. Much to our disappointment, it was a door political salesman who was asking us questions about what we thought of Obama. Needless to say Daddy and Mommy were trying to get rid of him quickly. That's not to say we're anti-Obama. We're just anti-door-salesmen. Anyway, he was good at continuing the conversation until Ellie decided she was bored with this man and had heard enough. Walking up to the door, she loudly said "Bye bye!" and closed it on him! Smart girl! Everyone needs a young toddler during election time!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Love it! Go E!

While it's great to live in a state where you can really feel like your vote counts, it's also a gigantic pain in the arse. We haven't had anyone come to the door yet, but we do get daily phone calls from pollsters, often outside of the hours of 9am-9pm. Heidi is not a morning person. Do not ask her at 7:16am who she is going to vote for. If you wake the baby she will bit your head off.

Niffer said...

LOL!

I'm always surprised when people are willing to ring the doorbell late at night. My neighbors took theirs apart so it doesn't work. They say it's great because those who really matter know to knock but those who don't try the doorbell and assume no one is home.