Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Abs of Steel

I used to joke around that instead of having "Abs of Steel" like you see on those TV commercials, I had "Abs of Flab." It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Recently I've changed that to "Uterus of Steel" but that doesn't flow off the tongue nearly as smoothly.

This morning while I was brushing my teeth, Michael came up and put his hand on my tummy and said "Hello? Anyone in there?" I followed suit and knocked a couple times on my tummy, which made both of us laugh.

On the way to work he said that me knocking on my tummy felt really funny. He said that it didn't feel like knocking on a "normal" part of the body, or like knocking on his tummy. Instead was more like knocking on a kick-ball. Whatever that means.

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who is surprised by the hardness of my growing tummy.

No comments: