Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Today's Random Updates

I had another appointment with my midwife yesterday. It went well, though a little on the boring side. All they did was listen to the baby's heartbeat (still at 150 bpm) and then felt where my uterus is. Speaking of which, I have recently found it interesting that though I'm getting a tummy, it's pretty much rock hard. My uterus is rock hard! It's two finger widths below my belly button, and when you press on my belly, you can definitely feel where it begins. Let's just put that on the list of randomness I never knew before.

So the appointment wasn't too exciting, but I (like my friend, Kim from college, who is expecting at the same time) still wish the appointments were closer together. Four weeks is so long to go without a confirmation that yes, indeed, everything is ok and your baby is still beating. There is still a part of me that expects to go into my appointment only to have the midwife say "umm... just why did you think you were pregnant?" hehehe.

My next appointments should become much more exciting.* I need to schedule the ultrasound for 3 weeks from now. That means we have 3 weeks to decide if we want to know what we're having (other than a baby, of course). My next midwife appointment is in 4 weeks again, and I'm told that they will start to take out a ruler to measure exactly where my uterus is (apparently they can tell just how far I've come based on the uterus traveling up my tummy). So, repeat after me: Oooooo! Ahhhhh! Ohhh! How exciting!


* Disclaimer - It's all exciting to me, but I fear for the sake of my readers that one of these days they'll realize I'm not as entertaining as I pretend to be. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo! Ahhhhh! Ohhh!

:)

Glad to hear everything is going well . :)