Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

When to Play the Pregnancy Card

I don't think I've had any really good opportunities to use my pregnancy as an excuse for something yet, which is really a shame. That's not to say I haven't kept my eyes and ears open for possible chances...

Today a friend invited Michael and I out to dinner to a restaurant that serves an amazing butternut squash pasta with a cream sauce dish. OH MY GOD! IT IS HEAVENLY! Sadly, Michael has a silly football game he needs to play tonight so we can't join. Besides, we actually just went to this particular restaurant two nights ago (that's how my friend knows about the place - I told him about the squash pasta!). Sadly, as much as I'd love to play the pregnancy card on this one, I doubt Michael would believe me if I insisted that the baby wants and needs butternut squash pasta.

An emergency of sorts came up at work today. Software folks fried one of my circuit boards again. Without giving away unnecessary boring details, I quickly grabbed the help of a lady who does circuit layouts to get the next rev of boards ready to be made ASAP. Michael later told me that his office mate said to give me hell for it because he was in line to work with this lady for some of his stuff but was told that she was pulled off of his project for one of "higher priority". I joked around with him and said things like "Don't mess with me, I'm pregnant" and "I'm not afraid of you".

So my question is, when do I get to legitimately play the Pregnancy Card? And when do I get a tummy?* And, though I know I'm recently been obsessed with this picture, when do I get hair like hers?**

* I had so many people tell me today "you don't look pregnant at all! have you seen Shana? she looks like she's about to pop!" (Note - Shana is only a few weeks further along than me)
** Wishful thinking I know, but I deserve it, don't I? (lie if you must)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, just remember that when you are playing the Pregnancy Card(s), you are only dealt a straight hand of seven cards. It's not really like rummy where you get to draw more as you go along. Your choices are to play about one a month, or to hold the cards for maximum use at the end. Or just blow them all right now and explain to your friends that you are not playing with a full deck...(oh, no, wait - that's for after the baby is born). - Wausau