Pages

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Unsolicited Advice

Don't you hate it when someone tells you something like "appreciate this now because it won't last"? It's always bothered me but I do not know why. It's not like those people saying it have bad intentions. They're just passing on advice to make my life better.

Regardless, it still annoys me. I think it's because I instantly get this attitude inside that says something like "what makes you think I don't appreciate it now?" Kind of like the time that my dad's friends visited us in Colorado and went on and on about how we didn't appreciate what we had because we lived with the beautiful mountains surrounding us every day. Then they would turn around and cut down the mountainside, without staying on the trail. UGH! DON'T TELL ME I DON'T APPRECIATE WHAT I HAVE!!!

When people told me to appreciate the flat tummy while it lasted, I got the same sort of internal response. "What makes you think I don't appreciate the fact that I don't have to worry too much about my weight?" or better yet... "Well maybe I plan to work out and get rid of my tummy!" We all know that's not true, but heck... That doesn't mean it can't be. =)

Well... Now it's my turn. The other day I went through my clothes to put away (not throw away) the ones I do not think I'll be able to wear for a while. I had forgotten about so many cute clothes that I have that I now won't be able to wear!

So, for all of you non-pregnant (or newly pregnant) friends out there:
Enjoy it while it lasts! Go through your clothes now and make sure you wear all the super-cute ones at least one more time! =)

No comments: