Pages

Friday, October 09, 2009

One of my favorite moments of the day

During the week, I am usually the one who wakes Ellie up in the mornings. I'm hoping that this can continue, but we'll just have to wait and see. Sometimes I find her still fast asleep with no real desire to wake up and other times I find her patiently waiting for me while playing with her ladybug nightlight and singing the Moon song.

Regardless, we rarely say any words to each other. I'll scoop her up into my arms and hold her for a few minutes, just rocking in silence. Her head leans into my chest and my chin rests on her hair.

Sometimes we stay like that for a few minutes and other times it only lasts 30 seconds. It's almost always Ellie who breaks the silence with whatever exciting thought she has decided to share with me. This morning it was "I wan to see my friend Brason and Fench teacher 'morrow" and yesterday it was "I go peepee on potty and get to wear princess pull-ups."

I love that moment of morning snuggles. It seems to be exactly what we both need to start our days off on a good note.

No comments: