Pages

Saturday, October 03, 2009

At the Farm With My Brynnie

A week or two before Ellie was born we had a fantastic weekend filled with cherry blossoms and flowers. I still look back on the weekend with warm memories because it was nearly perfect, though I'm not sure I could put my finger on what made it so.

This last Saturday was similar. Granted, the weather turned colder than I thought it would, but we still had a fantastic day. In the morning we went to Home Depot's workshop for kids (they have them every first Saturday of the month - HIGHLY recommended) and Ellie made a piggy bank firehouse.

During Ellie's nap we met with our Doula again. Nothing special, but I'm feeling quite optimistic that this birth will go much smoother than the last one.

But it was after the nap that things got really good. We went to Anderson Farms with Brynnie! I intended to post tummy pictures, but I suppose I have to wait until tomorrow because apparently I was too obsessed with how cute the girls were to remember the pictures of just me and my tummy.

The girls were simply adorable together. They always are. It's absolutely incredible to see how much they light up when they get to spend time together. They feed off of each other's energy too. If one is eating, the other eats. If one is laughing, the other laughs. If one is running, the other is running. It goes on and on and so do they.

At the farm they saw lots of animals, played on a train, sat on a tire swing, rode ponies (Ellie named them Otto and Zoe - not bad names for ponies), chased each other through the rainbow maze, had a tricycle race, laughed at each other's hats, rearranged the pumpkins and even challenged Ellie's Daddy in holding them both up-side-down at the same time. There were too many pictures to post, so I put some of my favorites into a slideshow:

Click here for these and many more pictures of Ellie with her Brynnie.

Apparently Brynnie's Mom met one of her best friends when she was only 18 months old. Wouldn't it be incredible if we could maintain this friendship for that long? Wow. We could be showing these pictures during the slide show given at their weddings.

1 comment:

spleeness said...

They are SOOO adorable!