Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cured

My mouse-o-phobia has been cured. I'm sure you're amazed and want to know how. Sleep deprivation. It does wonders to many phobias.

As I mentioned earlier, it snowed yesterday, which means the mice go searching for warm toasty places to stay... like my bedroom. As I lay in bed this morning, trying to catch up on some sleep, I looked up at the curtain to see a mouse climbing to the top. Huh, would you look at that? Did I know that mice could climb curtains? No, I certainly did not. Interesting.

Somewhere deep inside, I'm sure I'm screaming in fear.

Look at the mouse walk from one end of the rod to the other. Hey, the cute little beast wants down. It looks like it's going to jump. Huh... If it were to jump, it might end up on the bed. The very same bed I'm laying in. Interesting.

I'm sure my subconscious just peed its pants.

Oh good. The mouse has decided it's afraid of heights and is climbing down the curtain instead of jumping. Climbing down into the claws of the cats waiting patiently below. Woah! Did you see how far that mouse just jumped? Did I know mice could jump that far? I think so, but I didn't need to be reminded.

So tired... Welcome to the house, little monster mouse. Feel free to make yourself comfortable in my pile of comfy pillows. Help yourself to some tea. Perhaps you'd like to hide in one of my shoes - the ones I wear most often are quite comfy. Maybe a game or two with the cats*? I'm just going to close my eyes now and try to ignore the visions I see of you attacking me in my sleep. Night night, Mr. Mouse.


* Stupid cats. They're nothing but hissing, whining big bundles of shedding hairballs, who have no idea how to properly handle a mouse. I never thought I'd say this... but I can't stand my cats right now.

Hey, anyone want to adopt two beautiful cats?

1 comment:

sqpeggy said...

Hysterical. Oh sleep precious precious sleep. People always talk about labor or the healing up from a c-section-- but really it's nothing compared to having your sleep messed with for a few months. That's the real cost of this cuteness-- bring on the knife just don't mess with my sleep. My heart goes out to you.