Pages

Thursday, April 09, 2009

MOUSE!

Some things are inherited. This I just have to accept, and poor Ellie will have to learn to deal with it herself. The last time Daddy went out of town for business, I learned that I was even more like my mom than I thought I was.

I recall one time when my mom was spending time with us and found a mouse. I don't want to details, but I do recall putting Ellie into bed and hearing Grandma squeal while she was putting the mouse outside. She made the neighborhood dogs bark, and in turn Ellie started barking. Funny stuff.

So, unfortunately I've inherited this trait from my mom, which I only found out recently. Apparently up until this episode, I've been lucky enough to have someone else around to deal with these scary creatures, so I never knew I had a problem with them. But meet Mr. Mouse. We discovered Mr. Mouse when Ellie wanted to take a bath in Mommy's tub. He provided lots of entertainment for Ellie, both in the thrill of seeing a mouse, and in the thrill of seeing Mommy not know what to do about it.

Oh my god! He's looking RIGHT at me! Stay calm. Stay calm, Niffer. We do not want Ellie thinking the mouse is dangerous or anything. There's no point in giving her nightmares yet. But, between you and me, I'm telling you, this guy isn't as cute and fuzzy as he is in pictures.

And here you see evidence that Mr. Mouse is planning how his mission to accomplish world domination. Look at the way he's clawing at that innocent butterfly's eyes! Evil.

If only Ellie was in this picture. I'm surprised she's not. She's leaning over the tub and Mr. Mouse is tricking her into thinking she should reach out and help him escape.

In the end, Mommy put Ellie to bed and captured Mr Mouse to put him outside. The following day Ellie ran to the tub to see the mouse again and came running back to say:

Ellie: Shhh! Mouse seeping!
Mommy: The mouse is sleeping? Show me? (Mommy is confused because Mommy KNOWS she was brave enough to put the mouse outside herself - Daddy wasn't around to do it).
Ellie: Yeah! I see? (leading Mommy to the bathtub).

Sure enough, there was Mr. Mouse (or his friend). Dead. No, wait. Sleeping. Ellie once again reminded Mommy to be quiet so not to wake the mouse. What a sweet little girl. And what a gross dead mouse. I bet he was faking it.

Blech.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

MMMOOOOOOOOOOOUUUSE! LOL Sorry but I'm totally laughing!

Niffer said...

So did Daddy when I lectured him about leaving me alone to protect the little one. Ha!